Support M Rock! When you Buy From Amazon Click This Banner First!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Damon Albarn Says Blur and Gorillaz Are Calling It Quits

Damon Albarn
  In a interview with The Guardian, frontman Damon Albarn said his two bands Gorillaz and Blur are calling it quits.

  "It's harder for them to reconnect.  You know what I mean?  It's fine when we play live - it's really magical still - but actually recording new stuff, and swapping musical influences... it's quite difficult." said Albarn.

  When Albarn was asked about any future Blur records, Albarn said "No, I don't think so.  No, not really.  And I hope that's the truth:  that that's how we end it.  I don't know:  you can write scripts, and they always end up going... [pause].. well, one thing I've learned, and I'm sure you're exactly the same, is that everything I think I've got totally sorted out,  and I know exactly what's going to happen - it never works out that way..."

  Albarn then said that new music from Gorillaz was "unlikely".  "The music and the videos were't working as well together...It's a shame."

No comments:

Post a Comment