Support M Rock! When you Buy From Amazon Click This Banner First!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Corey Taylor Reveals Project Details With Dave Grohl

  Corey Taylor recently tweeted a picture of him and Dave Grohl saying it was "A huge check mark on my bucket list".  But no other details were given until now.  Dave Grohl frontman for the Foo Fighters is putting together a documentary on Sound City Studios, where Nirvana's 'Nevermind' and other legendary albums were recorded.

  Artisan News sat down with Taylor at the Celebrity Rock & Roll Roast in Anaheim CA and asked him "What was it like working with Dave Grohl?"

  "[Dave is] doing a documentary about the legendary board from from Sound City that everybody and their mom recorded on - everybody from 'Nevermind to, actually, 'Iowa' (Slipknots first album) Corey said. "And he's slowly but surely goeen all these people together to make music on that board again.   And he called me.  He was like, 'Would you like to do a tune?'  I was like, 'Are you serious?  I'm on a plane right now.'  you know.  And it's really cool, because it's me, Dave and Rick Neilsen [Cheap Trick] on one tune.  And I'm like, 'Ahh... Excuse me?!!  It's just a huge check mark on my bucket list, let's put it that way.  And I'm really ecstatic.  It's a really good tuen.

  The Sound City Studios documentary is Grohl collaborating with various musicians and recording the project at Sound City.  No details yet on the release, but more details are expected soon.

   The video below is Corey Taylor talking with Artisan News about the project:

No comments:

Post a Comment