Support M Rock! When you Buy From Amazon Click This Banner First!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

The White Stripes Will Never Get Back Together

 

  In a recent interview with NME, Jack White was asked if the White Stripes would ever reform.  "Absolutely no chance.  I couldn't see any reason to ever do that.  I'm not that kind of person that would retire from baseball and come out of retirement the next year.  I mean, if we went to all the trouble of telling people we're done, we meant it you know?"

  "If we were forced to change our mind about that, I can only imagine the reason being if we went bankrupt or really needed the cash, which would be a really sad thing.  I would probably be issuing an apology along with the announcement of the show dates." Said White.

  With his continued string of nonstop hit bands from his own Third man records label, and a much anticipated solo album 'Blunderbuss' coming out April 23rd its hard to imagine this happening any time soon.

  "I wanted Meg to come to a decision with me and officially put an end to it," said Jack.  "I said eventually - I had no plans at the time - but eventually I'm going to record by myself under my name, and I don't really feel like going through the dumb perception battle of people who couldn't be broad minded enough to understand the difference between Jack White and The White Stripes." Said White.

  "Sixteen Saltines" the second single off Jack Whites upcoming album 'Blunderbuss' can be heard on M Rock Radio. www.mRockRadio.com

 'Blunderbuss' will be released on April 23rd on Third Man Records, and a U.S. Tour soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment